Total Disposal offers residential curb-side garbage service to many areas in Northwest Indiana.
We now offer residential garbage service for: (Click the town name for the service area map)
- Gary, IN
- Griffith, IN (46319)
- Calumet Township (46408)
- New Elliot (Schererville/Griffith area)
- Valparaiso, IN (46385
- Wheeler (46393)
- Hobart, IN (46342)
- Chesterton (46304)
Call today to find out if our drivers are in your area. 219-944-1800 or click on the button below to order online.
Your trash getting picked up on time is as important as the lights coming on when you flip the switch or water flowing when you turn on the faucet.
- Peace of mind that comes from knowing we are committed to providing you with on-time, every-time waste pickup
- Quick and accurate answers from knowledgeable customer service representatives either online or by telephone
- Easy online customer tools to help you manage your account and pay bills
Call now and we will help you get the household waste services you need. 219-944-1800
WHAT CAN I RECYCLE?
CONTAINERS – All containers must be emptied and rinsed clean.
- Tin and aluminum cans, trays, and foil
- Plastic containers marked #1 – 5 and #7 including soda and water bottles, milk and juice jugs, detergent and fabric softeners, margarine tubs, six and twelve-pack rings, yogurt cups, syrup and ketchup bottles, and plastic buckets
- Glass Bottles and Jars (clear, brown and green)
PAPER / OTHER FIBERS
- Newspaper and newspaper inserts
- Cardboard (NO waxed cardboard)
- Brown paper bags
- Magazines, catalogs, and telephone books
- Office, computer, notebook, and gift wrap paper
- Chipboard (cereal, cake & food mix boxes)
- Carrier Stock (soda can boxes)
- Junk mail and envelopes (NO plastic cards or stick on labels)
- Paperback books (NO hard cover books)
Your help is needed in preventing fires (“Hot Loads”) in trash and recycling collection vehicles. Click here to learn about preventing Hot Loads.
- NO plastic containers marked #6 or film plastic (plastic bags, saran wrap, etc.)
- NO Styrofoam, paper cups or plastic silverware
- NO carbon paper, Self-stick labels, gum/candy wrappers, tissue paper, waxed paper or paper towel
- NO flat glass, light bulbs, dinnerware, ceramics, or Pyrex
- NO motor oil, insecticide, or hazardous chemical containers
- NO aerosol cans
If you have any questions at all about what can or cannot be recycled, please call our office (219.944.1800) and we will be glad to assist you.